Friday, October 5, 2012

Deadlines + Reminders

Hi all -

Did you guys go to the lecture yesterday?? I hope so! I'm sure it was very interesting and potentially inspiring. I also hope you all recovered from our wet and early site visit this past Sunday. My apologies for the terrible timing of weather. But please use your mapping themes as lenses to re-look at the site. And how did your 'notations' work out? Did they help you quantify, qualify, and locate the information in analysis? Please incorporate these into your mappings!!

Reminders!

  • Cris: did you post the re-scaled maps? Everyone have them?
  • Everyone: have you tested the scale of your mapping? Does 1"=100' work for 24" x 36 (in either orientation)?
  • Everyone: Does 1" = 50' work for your detail map?
I would like you guys to all email me your progress in the next two days and I look forward to seeing them in more detail on Monday, October 8th from 6pm - 7pm. The BAC will be open on Monday, despite Columbus Day, so we can meet in the 320 Newbury Street building and I have contacted them about reserving a room for us for the hour. I'll let you all know where that will be. But for now, just expect to meet at 320 Newbury Street.

Deadlines!
  • Send me your progress before Sunday night!
  • For Monday October 8
    • A revised Mapping at the larger scale (1"=100') (24" x 36" print out - can be multiple boards )
    • A Detail Map at a smaller scale (potentially 1"=50' - but someone let me know how that works) paper size is up to your discretion
Lots to do in the coming days! Please send me questions, thoughts, issues you're having since our last crit / discussion. K? Anything else?

I'll email this info out to you all as well!

See you Monday!! Aviva

No comments:

Post a Comment